We recommend you follow these simple tips to keep your towels looking bright white and keep that new towel feeling for longer
- Wash whites with whites to keep them bright
- Wash type with type for best results (e.g. keep all the white towelling products together in one wash)
- Check no coloured fibres/fluff hiding in the rubber seal from previous washes
- Go easy on the detergent
- Powders contain gentle bleaching agents that keep whites white, gel tabs don’t – here at Love Towels, we use Ariel original powder
- Don’t add bleach
- Don’t add fabric softener as it clogs up the loops, over time impacts absorbency and can impact whiteness (a 5 min tumble dry will fluff and soften your towels)
- Don’t overload the washing machine, towels need space to effectively soak and get clean
- Overloaded drums impact the release of dirty water and impact whiteness
- Remember to clean your washing machine after each wash
- If the washers drum barrel gets clogged up with grease or grime it will impact drainage and the dirty water can lie dormant impacting your next wash and create greying
- Every few months use a washing machine cleaner, run through a hot cycle with no washing in the barrel
Other helpful hints
Take care when using bathroom detergents and beauty products as some may cause permanent marking on white towels and bathrobes.
All natural fibres will naturally shrink a few percent but washing and drying in excessive heat, for an excessive time will cause more.