How Often Do You Need To Wash Your Towels
This is a great question and likely to gather many responses. Who’s right, who’s wrong?
Here are some things that may impact your decision of when to wash or re use:
How many towels do you own?
- It is always good to have a min of 2 towels per person, allow for one in use and one in the wash
- The less towels you have, the more you will be tempted to re-use
- The more towels you have, the more control you will have choosing a laundry day that suits youhttps://lovetowels.co.uk/blog/how-many-towels-should-you-own/
How often are the towels used?
- Calculate how many times the towels are used rather than how many days (this can be substantial especially if there is more than one person using the towels)
- Hand towels tend to be used more often than bath towels and will require laundering more regularly, it’s possible they might even be drying hands that are not completely clean.
How many people are using the same towel?
- If multiple people use the same towel, more bacteria residue will be left on the towel.
- Even though the towels are drying clean bodies, the towel holds dead skin cells post bath/showering
- Where possible, it’s better to have your own towel
How do you dry the towels after use?
- It’s wise to hang the towels flat over a hanging rail to allow air to circulate and thoroughly dry the towel in between use.
- If using a hook on the back of the door, bacteria is likely to hide in the folds
- Avoid leaving damp towels on surrounding surfaces, or on the floor to avoid cross contamination
- Make sure the towel is completely dry before re use
Where are the towels kept?
- Clean towels should be kept in a cool, dry, well ventilated space
As a general rule of thumb
- Bath towels should be washed after 3-4 uses, and only if dried properly between uses.
- Hand towels require a more frequent wash as they are used more regularly and may be drying hands that are not completely clean.
- Gym towels should be washed after each use as they will have been transported back home damp in gym bag
- If you have sensitive skin or you are poorly, then the towels should be washed after each use
- Follow the washing instructions on the sewn in care label – Love Towels, white towels can be washed on a hot temperature (60*) and will kill most germs
- Don’t forget to wash and disinfect the your laundry baskets too as they can harbour germs
Look after your towels
- Read how to keep them looking new for longer https://lovetowels.co.uk/care-guide/
Shop Love Towels.
Get in touchif you have found this useful or would like to know more